When there is a soft break due to leakage of paste during production, the ammeter on the operation interface of the central control room suddenly rises or the current drops instantly after a sudden rise. The voltage of the electrode to the furnace bottom drops to “0”, and there are a large number of electrode cylinders on the fourth floor. Black smoke or yellow smoke from the inside of the shield, and the temperature of the furnace gas outlet suddenly rises, and the pressure in the furnace increases suddenly. In severe cases, the electrode paste in the electrode cylinder runs out, and the furnace gas overflows from the electrode cylinder and explodes when it comes in contact with oxygen. Thereby causing injury and damage to personnel and equipment.
The reasons for the soft breakage of the electrode can be roughly divided into the following points:
1. The quality of the electrode paste is unqualified, the ash content is high, the volatile matter is too large, and the softening point is high. When the ash content is high, the electrode is easy to delaminate, causing the local current to withstand weakly, so that the current pierces the electrode cylinder and causes leakage. If it is not found in time, the electrode will not be sintered easily, causing the electrode to become soft. When the electrode is pressed and discharged, the current is too large to pierce the electrode barrel; when the softening point is high, the electrode paste will soften too slowly, and the electrode will be soft. .
2. Whether the particle size of the electrode paste is appropriate will also cause the electrode to leak and cause soft disconnection. If the particle size of the electrode paste is too large or too small, the irregular addition will cause the shed paste or overhead, which will cause the electrode to stratify. After the electrode is pressed and discharged, the current will pierce the electrode cylinder, which will also cause the electrode paste to leak and cause soft disconnection.
3. The welding quality of the electrode barrel is unqualified. When the welding quality of the electrode barrel is poor, add electrode paste, and the electrode paste will flow out from the weld after being heated and softened, causing continuous electric stab fire. In severe cases, the electrode barrel will puncture and break directly.
4. The firing speed of the electrode is lower than the pressure release speed, so that the electrode under pressure is not fired well, the current is too large and exceeds the range that the electrode can withstand, and the electrode cylinder is pierced to cause the liquid electrode paste that is not sintered to flow out to form a leaking paste, resulting in softness. Off.
5. When the water content of the raw material is too high, it will form a collapse, the flame will burn the insulating device and the sealing device on the electrode, and the electrode cylinder will pierce the liquid electrode paste and flow out, resulting in soft break. At the same time, when the flame emerges, the tar in the carbon material will be taken out and adsorbed on the contact element, and after the temperature is reduced, it will condense into a block, which will also form a thorn fire and puncture the electrode tube, causing the electrode tube to leak and softly break.